bug reports regarding users running out of disk space

Chris Cheney ccheney at ubuntu.com
Fri Apr 10 19:47:13 BST 2009

I often get bug reports from users due to their systems running out of
disk space such as this bug:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/359176

"
Dépaquetage de la mise à jour de openoffice.org-core ...
dpkg : erreur de traitement de /var/cache/apt/archives/openoffice.org-core_1%3a2.4.1-11ubuntu2.1_amd64.deb (--unpack) :
 échec dans « buffer_write(fd) » (11, ret=-1) : backend dpkg-deb pendant « ./usr/lib/openoffice/program/libvcl680lx.so »: Aucun espace disponible sur le périphérique
"

As dpkg-deb recognizes this issue it should not causing an error such
that users can report these issues as bugs and instead should be telling
the user they ran out of disk space in the gui. I am not sure what
package I should be reporting this an issue on, is it a bug in dpkg,
apt, update-manager or do all three need changes?

Chris