alsa apport hook (Re: It is 2009 and I am still hearing my pc speaker)

Mackenzie Morgan macoafi at
Wed Apr 8 19:33:39 BST 2009

On Wednesday 08 April 2009 2:16:31 pm Mackenzie Morgan wrote:
> On Wednesday 08 April 2009 1:55:12 pm Matt Zimmerman wrote:
> > If there are packages other than alsa-driver where it's appropriate to
> > include this information by default, it's very easy to add it to the
> > hook (one line).
> Most sound driver bugs are supposed to be reported against linux, *not*
> driver (doesn't stop people from trying, though the DebuggingSoundProblems
> wiki page says not to).  The driver stuff is included in the kernel.  Alsa-
> driver generates alsa-src, which is for compiling locally (usually w/ module
> assistant) and is a rather pristine upstream tarball (none of Dan's & Luke's
> patches) along with, as you said, alsa-base.

Dan's pointing out three things to me:
1. source is spelled out
2. there's a - in module-assistant
3. he's got a couple patches in it, just not nearly as many as are included by

Mackenzie Morgan
apt-get moo