Call for testing of the synaptics touchpad driver

Alberto Milone albertomilone at alice.it
Thu Apr 2 11:25:54 BST 2009

Hi all,

I have been working on the synaptics driver so as to make sure that, despite
upstream changes, our users can benefit from a certain degree of consistency
when they dist-upgrade to Jaunty (as regards touchpad settings).

As some users reported, there was an upstream change which made the driver
auto-adjust the right_edge of the touchpads which have a hardware scroll area.
This caused a regression [1] on some specific models, therefore I
(successfully) reverted the change but I have to make sure that my change
doesn't cause regressions with any other kind of touchpad.

For this reason I would be glad if you could test the package in my PPA [2]
and provide feedback (either positive or negative) in the bug report [1].

Here are the direct links to the packages (if you prefer gdebi) for i386,
amd64 or lpia:

https://launchpad.net/~albertomilone/+archive/ppa/+files/xserver-xorg-input-
synaptics_0.99.3-2ubuntu4_i386.deb

https://launchpad.net/~albertomilone/+archive/ppa/+files/xserver-xorg-input-
synaptics_0.99.3-2ubuntu4_amd64.deb

https://launchpad.net/~albertomilone/+archive/ppa/+files/xserver-xorg-input-
synaptics_0.99.3-2ubuntu4_lpia.deb

Please remember to restart the xserver after installing the package.

Thanks in advance for testing.

[1] https://launchpad.net/bugs/320632
[2] https://launchpad.net/~albertomilone/+archive/ppa

--