Call for testing intel graphics driver fix

Luka Renko luka.renko at gmail.com
Thu Apr 2 11:17:46 BST 2009

On Wednesday 01 April 2009 13:01:36 Martin Pitt wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> For a long time, X has plagued me with intermittent flicker, and
> sometimes an irrecoverable blackout on my i945 [1]. This was caused by
> pipe underruns, which were due to incorrect "watermark" calculations
> (i. e. the display rendering queue wasn't managed properly).

I have 4500MHD and I was not seeing your problem, but wanted to give your
packages a test run.

> I put it into my PPA for now [3]. Can everyone running -intel on
> Jaunty please install this and give feedback (positive and negative)
> on the bug [1]?

I also have experienced display redraw problem, but slightly different than
what Ken reported (as I use KDE):
- I use autologin
- when I have unlocked the screen
- some KDE notification was drawn (wifi connected)
- when notification should be removed, only part of the notification window went
away
- this was similar as bug I was before only experiencing with EXA [1], but I
am running UXA now (much better performance, no redraw problems, only problem
with X crash on resume [2]

I will test this a bit more, as I have seen this only on autologin+autolock,
just after unlock. I do not see regular redraw problems when moving windows,
minimizae/maximize, as I have seen before with EXA. Will report back when I
get at least a day of experience.

Regards,
Luka

[1] https://launchpad.net/bugs/279727