collaboration with Ubuntu-people for Master Thesis

Jane Billestrup bambi03 at cs.aau.dk
Wed Apr 1 08:31:53 BST 2009

We are a group of students from the university of Aalborg, Denmark. We
are currently working on our master thesis in computer science. We are
examining open source development by employees and volunteers in commercial
businesses.
As part of that, we would like to conduct a number of interviews with
developers involved with open source development in companies.

We expect interviews to last about an hour. The identity of the
interview subjects will be kept confidential.

The interest of our study, is the planning and coordination of work.
We would like to learn about the overall strategy for development, but
are also interested in knowing how coordination takes place on a more
detailed level. We are also interested in examining how the
collaboration with a volunteer workforce is carried out.

We still need about 5 employees and 8 volunteers (the volunteers
should have made some larger contributions). For our interviews. The
interviews will take place using Skype if possible. The interviews
should be conducted within a week.