performance tests conducted on 7.04, 7.10, 8.04, 8.10rc

Mirco Müller mirco.mueller at ubuntu.com
Mon Oct 27 12:06:18 GMT 2008

Am Montag, den 27.10.2008, 11:49 +0000 schrieb Iain Lane:

> This is interesting, and I'm glad that they haven't tried to point
> fingers at Ubuntu for this. Do you know of any similar tests for other
> distros, so we can see if there is an across-the-board problem?

I don't know of any comparable distro-benchmarking from the past.

	I'm not surprised that the people behind Phoronix did not point fingers
at Ubuntu, but rather tried to figure out what pieces making up a distro
could be the most likely causes for slowdowns in certain areas.

	While the editors are more technically than the normal user "from the
street", these users will point fingers at Ubuntu, because they usually
don't know better (due to the lack necessary insight) ... and they
should not need to do so in the first place.

I'll try to get so more information about their findings.

Best regards ...

Mirco