Some Intrepid wireless testing results

أحمد المحمودي aelmahmoudy at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Oct 23 10:34:08 BST 2008

Hello,

On Thu, Oct 23, 2008 at 10:40:03AM +0300, Amit Kucheria wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 23, 2008 at 5:04 AM, Tim Gardner <tcanonical at tpi.com> wrote:
> > However, all is not lost. I've been backporting the wireless testing
> > repository to the Intrepid linux-backports-modules package. Some folks
> > have reported good success with that version of ath5k, though I have yet
> > to test it myself, nor have I done extensive testing on other wireless
> > adapters. I expect that Atheros support will continue to improve, and I
> > will update LBM when it makes sense.
>
> Since LBM might contain several backported drivers (e.g. alsa,
> wireless updates, etc.) and now the whole distro will depend on it for
> ath5k support, how to we ensure that it doesn't cause regressions in
> future updates? As it stands today, LBM isn't that well tested for
> regressions.
---end quoted text---

  When I was using Hardy, I installed LBM to get an updated b43 driver,
  the result, is that several times my laptop would crash, in the kernel
  messages I would see that the mention of b43, so I removed the LBM,
  and all was fine !

--
 أحمد المحمودي (Ahmed El-Mahmoudy)
  Digital design engineer