Some Intrepid wireless testing results

Tim Hawkins tim.hawkins at mac.com
Thu Oct 23 06:57:47 BST 2008

I can confirm the problems with the ath5k driver, i have been trying
to use it
on an acer aspire one, and as TimG has pointed out it is very flakey.
I have noticed
that it seems to create associations that are consistently reporting
lower signal
strength and lower transfer rates than the madwifi driver.  And the
random drop out
and stall behaviour makes the current driver unusable.

This situation is not just limited to ubuntu intrepid, I have also
been testing Fedora 10
on the same hardware and it has the same problem with this driver,
hardly surprising given
that they  have the same upstream source.