cd image build script

Colin Watson cjwatson at ubuntu.com
Sun Oct 19 20:21:40 BST 2008

On Fri, Oct 17, 2008 at 06:35:30PM -0700, Jack Bates wrote:
> I am trying to build an 8.10 cd image, such as the ones posted at:
> http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/daily-live/current/
>
> Where can I find the script which builds these cd images?

The livecd-rootfs package builds the live filesystem; the ISO9660
wrapper is built by the code you can check out using 'bzr get
http://people.ubuntu.com/~cjwatson/bzr/cdimage/mainline' (and also check
out the components listed in configs/devel).

(The build is separated like this because you have to build the live
filesystem on the same CPU architecture as the target, but for Ubuntu's
purposes we want to build all the actual CD images on a single central
machine.)