python3.0 upgrade issues

Kjell Braden afflux at ubuntu.com
Mon Nov 24 14:57:37 GMT 2008

Hi,

I've stumbled over a bug in the python3.0 packaging, which leads to
broken upgrades from intrepid to jaunty.
From intrepid to jaunty, some files which were in python3.0-minimal
moved to python3.0, which seems to break the upgrade process, because
python3.0 is being processed before python3.0-minimal (leads to
conflicting files, see description and logs of bug 301597 [1]).

disclaimer: I'm not a motu nor a contributor, so I'm not too familiar
with these kind of packaging issues.

My first idea was to just add the -minimal package as a pre-depends of
the python3.0 package, but James asked me to seek advice from this list
first.
Please feel free to add your comments on this issue / propose better
solutions.

Thanks,
Kjell

[1] https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/301597