Developer News

Bryce Harrington bryce at canonical.com
Fri Nov 21 18:33:37 GMT 2008

On Fri, Nov 21, 2008 at 02:45:54PM +0100, Morten Kjeldgaard wrote:
> James Westby wrote:
>
> > There has been concern addressed about keeping up with Ubuntu
> > development without following every mailing list, being on
> > IRC 24 hours a day, and reading -changes lists. In an effort
> > to make that easier I would like to start something similar to
> > Debian's Developer News.
>
> I think that is an excellent idea!
>
> > Proposal 1: collect items on the wiki page
> > This proposal follows that of Debian's DeveloperNews.
>
> > Proposal 2: Use the ubuntu-news-team mailing list
>
> I would like to add a 3. proposal: a blog. A blog has many qualities
> which are orthogonal to those of the wiki and mailing lists.

I'd underscore this.  Often one wishes to include screenshots or photos,
which can be tricky on a wiki, and not really feasible on a list.

However, if considering a blog, wouldn't a planet be more appropriate,
so developers could post using their normal blogging software and a
'ubuntu-devel' category or some such?

Bryce