Server Team 20081111 meeting minutes

Mathias Gug mathiaz at
Wed Nov 12 00:56:39 GMT 2008


Here are the minutes of the meeting. They can also be found online with        
the irc logs here:        

==== Server FAQ ====

sommer started to update questions on the ServerFaq[1] page. Questions that
need to be updated are marked.

ACTION: mathiaz to add a section about updating the ServerFAQ to the Roadmap

ACTION: kirkland to review the RAID related questions


==== Get rid of old libdb versions ====

Work started to get rid of old libdb version during the Hardy release cycle.
The list of packages needed a review needs to be updated in the Roadmap.

ACTION: zul to update the list of packages depending on libdb

==== Add augeas lenses ====

nxvl reported that lenses have been written during the last cycle. Upstream is
still active. The state of lenses are tracked on a wiki page[2]. He plans to
write more lenses during this release cycle.


==== Update ServerGuide for Jaunty ====

sommer started to gather ideas about the updates to make to the Ubuntu Server
Guide for Jaunty. All the ideas will be tracked in a specification[3].

ACTION: sommer to create a spec for the ServerGuide update in Jaunty


==== Merges and init script ====

mathiaz reminded that the archive is opened and merging is the main focus of
the developers for now. kirkland added that checking if init scripts have a
status action is welcome. If not adding one would be appreciated - steps to do
so are outline on the InitScriptsStatusActions wiki page[4]. A lot of packages
have already been updated during the intrepid release cycle. More work is
needed though.

ACTION: kirkland to update the init status action wiki page


==== Ubuntu Server survey ====

nijaba reminded everyone that the Ubuntu Server survey[5] will close next
Friday, November, the 14th. So far 6777 responses have been gathered (4105
full responses, 2672 responses not completely filled out).


==== Agree on next meeting date and time ====

Next meeting will be on Tuesday, November 18th at 16:00 UTC in #ubuntu-

Mathias Gug
Ubuntu Developer

More information about the ubuntu-devel mailing list