Proposed changes to workflow bug management

Henrik Nilsen Omma henrik at ubuntu.com
Tue May 27 23:45:48 BST 2008

Scott Kitterman wrote:
>> Why not just use a "workflow" tag? That is quite unambiguous, easy to
>> spot and easy to implement here and now. As an experiment, I tried
>> defining this on a few of "my" workflow bugs, and to my amazement, it
>> was non-existent.
>>

> Maybe.  So far I find tags very hard to work with.  It would still need training for bugsquad
> people to know to avoid it.
>
> So far I like "Maybe people shouldn't touch bugs they don't understand" the best.

I've started a wiki wiki page to help us track the current suggestions:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/WorkflowBugsDiscussion

It's clearly not complete, esp. the Pros and Cons. Please help me fill
it in.

On that page the ideas mentioned here (tags and don't-touch) are
proposals #5 and #1 respectively.

Henrik