Proposed changes to workflow bug management

Henrik Nilsen Omma henrik at ubuntu.com
Tue May 27 10:42:10 BST 2008

Reinhard Tartler wrote:
> I fully agree to the arguments given here. TBH, I think we should ask
> the launchpad guys to prevent bugs to be assigned to a team. I know the
> kernel team is doing this, but I still haven't found out why. Could some
> member of the kernel team give a rationale for this please?

This is no longer current practice in the kernel team and the bugs
currently assigned to the team will be un-assigned. Bugs are now
assigned to individuals directly.

At one stage team assignment was used to create a common todo list for
the team which was then distributed to individual members in the IRC
meeting. I don't think it was ever particularly effective.

Henrik