Proposed changes to workflow bug management

Michael Bienia michael at vorlon.ping.de
Mon May 26 21:40:57 BST 2008

On 2008-05-26 15:45:36 -0400, Scott Kitterman wrote:
> Development requirements/issues:
>
> 1.  Some launchpad changes are likely needed to effect this change.

As we all know changes to LP take some time. What should be done till
the necessary changes to LP are done?
The status quo doesn't seem to work anymore :(

> 4.  Need to identify teams that would have access to workflow bugs:
>
> Bug filers always have access to a private bug, so those who are not in an
> appropriate team would still have access to workflow bugs they file.
>
> ubuntu-bugcontrol would have access to these bugs (ubuntu-dev is a member of
> this team, so it gives all developers access).  universe-contributors should
> also be a member.  One open question is, should there be an open team that
> has access to these bugs?

What about contributors which aren't universe-contributors yet? They
won't have access to those bug (unless there is a open team).
As sponsorship requests are also filed as (workflow) bugs, they should
have access to them to avoid duplicate work.

I've also a feeling that this proposal will make Ubuntu are little bit
untransparent. Workflow bugs should be publicly viewable for all interested
parties as they don't contain any private data.

If the proposal relies on changes to LP what about a special importance
for workflow bugs? If my memory doesn't fool me importance has not much
usage in workflow bugs.
That way those bugs are still public, easy to recognize and can be
filtered out by the bug triagers using the advanced search.

Michael