SpecSpec => SpecTemplate?

Colin Watson cjwatson at ubuntu.com
Wed May 7 11:25:16 BST 2008

On Tue, May 06, 2008 at 08:18:51AM -0600, Neal McBurnett wrote:
> I wrote ubuntu-doc with this proposal to make spec-writing easier:
>
> > On Tue, May 6, 2008 at 12:11 AM, Neal McBurnett <neal at bcn.boulder.co.us> wrote:
> > > I would think it would help to rename https://wiki.ubuntu.com/SpecSpec
> > >  to SpecTemplate so it would show up as an option when creating specs -
> > >  see e.g. https://wiki.ubuntu.com/HelpOnPageCreation Any objections?
> > >  Of course links to it from other pages would need to be redirected
> > >  there via #redirect, and/or fixed....
>
> And Matthew suggested:
>
> On Tue, May 06, 2008 at 07:40:56AM +0100, Matthew East wrote:
> > You need to liaise with the development team about this.
>
> Any objections?

SpecSpec isn't a particularly great template IMO, and does not have the
current structure. Its purpose was to be a specification for the
specification process itself when that process was being created, not to
be a template for specifications from then on.

I'm certain that there used to be a SpecTemplate which was quite
up-to-date and helpful. Did somebody (foolishly) delete it?