About ubuntu mirror server

DULMANDAKH Sukhbaatar dulmandakh at gmail.com
Sat Mar 22 04:30:03 GMT 2008

Hello all.

I thought it maybe appropriate to cross send this to devel and mirrors
list. We, Mongolian Open Source Initiative and adsolux LLC, are
supporting Ubuntu through hosting releases and archive mirror server
in here or Mongolia. We've registered it, also have alias domains
mn.releases.ubuntu.com and mn.archive.ubuntu.com. But there is no way
to select our server from Synaptics in neigther gutsy and hardy. The
only way to use our server is if you install Ubuntu selecting one of
the Mongolian time zones. Reading through mirrors list I saw that I'm
not the only one who have this kind of problem. Maybe there is no real
value of having this kind of server if users cannot easy configure to
use it. But it's really boosting package installation and update time
for more than 10 times. All I want it is to include Mongolian archive
mirror in synaptic configuration or make it configurable through
synaptic. I've also filed bug at
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/synaptic/+bug/153284 in
October 2007, still no answer.

--