OpenSync version for 8.04 (Re: Hardy: Time for sync project focus and here is how)

Martin Owens doctormo at gmail.com
Thu Mar 20 18:06:40 GMT 2008

There is movement to pick up on hardware support.

> They also integrated synce (Windows Mobile) and barry (Bluebarry)
> hardware support.  The nice thing is that at least synce doesn't need
> any configuration from the opensync side

For instance information about any syncable devices should go into hal
and I have udev and hal rules for blackberries and windows mobile 5/6
to add such information. Unfortunately getting all the different
parties to work together is quite a challenge so progress towards
something plug and play will be slow going but in the end I think we
can have something that is plug and sync.

> Well, opensync-0.22 is neither particularly broken nor particularly
> outdated (it is the current stable version, and the version recommended
> by the opensync authors for packaging by distributions currently).

0.19 is the current version in the repos, 0.22 isn't.

Best Regards, Martin Owens