flashplugin-nonfree and libflashsupport on desktop installs

Stephan Hermann sh at sourcecode.de
Wed Mar 19 11:17:15 GMT 2008

Hi,

as discussed several times now on IRC, there is a problem on the desktop
using flashplugin-nonfree and sounddevices others then the default.

Reproducable:

1. gnome-sound-settings and select e.g. your headset as default output
device
2. start firefox and go to youtube
3. select a video and try to get some sounds
4. you will hear nothing on your headset, but on the normal sound output
(e.g. your onboard card)

to get this running, a dpkg -r --force-all libflashsupport helps a
lot...your headset starts to work directly after you restart firefox

question is: do we need libflashsupport for something else? Ogra told
me, he uses it for ltsp installations.
Can we just drop the dependency on libflashsupport on
flashplugin-nonfree and push this dependency somewhere inside ltsp ?

regards,

\sh