hardy init script status action

Scott James Remnant scott at canonical.com
Sat Mar 15 16:49:27 GMT 2008

On Sat, 2008-03-15 at 01:22 -0400, Scott Kitterman wrote:

> Since it seems the number of packages is small, perhaps instead of
> taking
> even the small marginal risk associated with touching
> /lib/lsb/init-functions, it would be better just to add that to each
> init
> that we touch for Hardy.  We could then spec this for the next release
> and
> do it early.

Many of the init scripts in rc2 should be fit for migration to Upstart
in 8.10, which already supports a native "status" command.  We should
combine the work so that if an init script is easy to port, it gets
ported to Upstart; and if it isn't, it gets a status argument added
directly.

Scott
--
Scott James Remnant