Fedora Core 9 will ship Perl 5.10

Andy Armstrong andy at hexten.net
Tue Mar 11 14:36:28 GMT 2008

A few of us on the Perl 5 Porters list recently worked to address
issues that Fedora were having getting the modules they like to bundle
working with Perl 5.10. As a result of that effort 5.10 will ship with

Ironically, none of the people who helped them are Fedora users :)

As Nick notes in the comments to that story we don't get much contact
from the distro developers. So here's an open invitation: if you hit a
problem with Perl please stop by P5P[1] and see if we can help.

[1] http://lists.cpan.org/showlist.cgi?name=perl5-porters

Andy Armstrong, Hexten