About forwarding bugs and patches to Debian and documenting your changes

Nicolas Valcarcel nvalcarcel at ubuntu-pe.org
Wed Jun 18 17:57:12 BST 2008

On Wed, 2008-06-18 at 09:13 -0700, Jordan Mantha wrote:
> This of course assumes the person writing the changelog entry actually
> knows the answer to those questions. As you say, it requires a lot of
> effort on the part of the DD. I think it probably takes at least the
> same if not more effort on the part of the person writing the
> changelog. A fair amount of the time I don't think merger's really
> know why a change is needed or if it applies to Debian or not.

Yes, but mergers don't change anything, just apply some changes, we are
talking about changing things, and if you don't know these answers when
you make a change, then you are not able to do changes to ubuntu
packages.

About the "applies to debian" thing i'm with you, it's hard to know if
you don't have a debian system on hands, but if you know that it applies
also to debian, please write it there.
--
aka nxvl
Peruvian LoCo Team