requesting for changes to be sent to debian before sponsoring an upload

Reinhard Tartler siretart at
Thu Jun 19 18:07:21 BST 2008

Sebastien Bacher <seb128 at> writes:

> Le jeudi 19 juin 2008 à 08:09 -0700, Jordan Mantha a écrit :
>> tends to not take patches as readily when they're trying to freeze) so
>> I would have a really hard time blocking perfectly good packages from
>> being uploaded because of that. 
> The suggestion is not to wait for the change to be available in debian
> and sync this one but to wait until the change is send to the bts before
> sponsoring the update

This is a very good summary of your proposal. We perhaps should
therefore ask all sponsors of merges to insist references to bugreports
that document why that change is kept during the merge.

The bugreport should go to ubuntu, if it is an ubuntu-only change and to
debian, if the developer (sponsor or contributing developer) think the
change might be acceptable for debian.

Reinhard Tartler, KeyID 945348A4

More information about the ubuntu-devel mailing list