Staging area for hardy-proposed ?

Sebastien Bacher seb128 at ubuntu.com
Fri Jun 6 09:15:25 BST 2008

Le jeudi 05 juin 2008 à 11:03 -0700, Jordan Mantha a écrit :
> I seriously question the usefulness of -proposed for regression
> testing.

Hi,

Taking a recent example, the evolution 2.22.1 to 2.22.1.1 stable updates
had several regressions, in the days following the hardy-proposed update
we got several bugs from people who updated to the new version, we
worked with upstream on those issue, it took some evolution-data-server
and evolution updates iterations until having the people confirming that
those issues were fixed before we moved the new version to
hardy-updates, using hardy-proposed has been really valuable and worked
as expect in this case, and for several other updates since hardy

Sebastien Bacher