Ubuntu and Debian-CD

Josh Cronemeyer jcroneme at thoughtworks.com
Tue Jun 3 04:00:14 BST 2008

Hi! I'm working on a project with a non-profit called inveneo
(www.inveneo.org)
that delivers computing and networking to help remote and rural areas in
the developing world.  One of our goals is to create a custom d-i
installer ISO for a xubuntu based system, and we are wanting to use the
same tools that ubuntu/xubuntu uses in order to achieve this.  It seems
like debian-cd is the tool that creates the ISO, is that correct?  I was
wondering if there are any custom debian-cd tasks that you use because the
version of debian-cd that I checked out of bzr doesn't seem equipped to
handle building fesity, gutsy, hardy, etc. Rather the tasks are all geared
to the debian releases etch, sid, lenny, etc.

I would really appreciate it if you could point me in the right direction
on this.

Thanks,
Josh