Bugs reports about -proposed packages

Brian Murray brian at ubuntu.com
Tue Jun 3 00:35:30 BST 2008

Recently there has been some promotion of enabling the Hardy -proposed
repository so we can get more testing and feedback about those
particular packages.  However, it isn't particularly easy to find
bug reports about a package in the -proposed repository.  Subsequently,
I propose (pun intended) that we tag these bug reports as
'proposed-pkg'.

As bug triagers we can determine this information by looking at
apt-cache policy output, specifically the version table, which should be
found in a bug's description.

Developers will then be able to search for bug reports about their
package with the 'proposed-pkg' tag and the Stable Release Updates team
will be able to look at bug reports about packages in the -proposed
repository.

--
Brian Murray                                                 @ubuntu.com