[RFC] Transition tracker

Cesare Tirabassi norsetto at ubuntu.com
Tue Jul 29 12:20:30 BST 2008

On Tuesday 29 July 2008 00:48:25 Luca Falavigna wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Currently, Ubuntu developers us Launchpad to track transitions and
> complete tasks which involve several packages.

Seems a step in the right direction. Unless I misunderstand you, this is
similar in concept to the way transitions are handled in Debian, with a
general wiki page and single bugs being filed to every affected packages.
See for instance for the gfortran transition:

http://wiki.debian.org/GfortranTransition

In particular in the wiki page they have:

Reasons for the transition
How the transition is to be carried out
Examples
Status Table

I guess your tool is mostly about the status table, with packages (perhaps
sorted by being core or secondary), a status field and a bug number linked to
the launchpad bug?

Cesare