Accepted: evince 2.23.5-0ubuntu1 (source)

Sebastien Bacher seb128 at ubuntu.com
Thu Jul 24 08:29:51 BST 2008

is there any need to cross-post this question on several lists?
replying only to ubuntu-devel that should be enough

On mer, 2008-07-23 at 23:40 -0300, Cody A.W. Somerville wrote:
>  Is the archive not "soft" frozen?

right, it's soft frozen and that's why I didn't upload disruptive
changes to intrepid

> The reason I bring this up is because evince is current breaking the
> Xubuntu sysfs build. Although your upload isn't the cause, it did
> cause me to spend several minutes digging around to see if it was
> (thank your lucky stars it isn't because I hear the wrath of of
> slangasek is second only to the wrath of vorlon in intensity).

why would a software update break CD builds? there is a new GNOME
available this week and we can't stop packaging new versions only
because it could eventually break a CD build, we are usually careful on
what is updated and avoid soname changes for example, but stopping
random applications uploads doesn't really make sense there, what is
your concern exactly?

Sebastien Bacher