Did we really release 8.04?

Oliver Grawert ogra at ubuntu.com
Mon Jul 7 15:53:27 BST 2008

hi,
Am Montag, den 07.07.2008, 05:32 +0930 schrieb Karl Goetz:
> > "Users of Ubuntu 6.06 LTS may wish to wait for the first point release
> > of 8.04 LTS, due in July 2008, before upgrading."...
>
> So... are you agreeing with the 2 months comment or not? I'm somewhat
> confused ...
i just wanted to point out that it was announced in advance.

from my POV as developer it was the right decision but it should have
been communicated in a broader way that we will make more usage of SRUs
for hardy than we ever did before and that there will be a 2 month
period after release where developers are focused on shaking out extra
bugs and annoyances, this new practise was not known to many of our
users and beyond the above sentence it wasnt actually mentioned
anywhere.

having two additional months of real world testing and being able to fix
bugs during that timeframe in a release where adding an extra (and never
before tested) upgrade path to the distro ate a lot of extra time is a
very good thing.

ciao
	oli