libffi4 -> libffi5 transition

Emilio Pozuelo Monfort pochu at ubuntu.com
Thu Jul 3 12:52:35 BST 2008

Emilio Pozuelo Monfort wrote:
>> Some of them were caused because a buggy pygobject .pc file in
>> python-gobject-dev, so packages build-depending on it had an unnecessary
>> dependency on libffi. Rebuilding those packages with python-gobject-dev >=
>> 2.14.1-3 should fix it.
>
> pygobject was FTBFS. Martin Pitt has fixed that, so from now on every package
> uploaded will be fixed. As most packages need to be uploaded due to sync/merges,
> I think we can wait after DIF to fix the remaining packages.

This is the current list:

emilio at saturno:~$ apt-cache rdepends libffi4
libffi4
Reverse Depends:
  sugar-base
  python-plplot
  libglom0
  glom
  sabayon
  libffi4-dev
  lib64ffi4

python-plplot currently ftbfs (lp 244708, Debian 482236).
sugar-base is NBS
glom/libglom0 are in progress (will be fixed together with #243163)
sabayon is in main, would be nice if someone could rebuild it.

Cheers,
Emilio