Announce: Apport bug patterns are now accessible for ubuntu-bugcontrol

Martin Pitt martin.pitt at ubuntu.com
Mon Jan 28 16:27:32 GMT 2008

Hello all,

previously, the Apport bug patterns were only accessible by Canonical
people with ssh access to people.ubuntu.com.

I moved the patterns to a bzr branch now [2], owned by
~ubuntu-bugcontrol, so that a wider range of people can add patterns
for bugs which notoriously get a lot of apport-filed duplicates. The
bzr branch is pulled to [1] every 15 minutes now.

I also added a README file to the branch which explains the purpose,
syntax, and rollout.

Please use this feature whenever there is a wave of duplicates coming
in from a recently introduced high-importance crash/package
installation failure. Please be extra prudent, though, since you can
easily create patterns which match *all* possible (or unrelated)
problems.

Thank you,

Martin

[1] http://people.ubuntu.com/~pitti/bugpatterns/