Perl Modules Conundrum

Michael D. Stemle, Jr. manchicken at notsosoft.net
Mon Jan 7 17:12:01 GMT 2008

I'd second pulling these modules out of perl-modules.  I would think
that the only modules that should be in perl-modules would be the ones
that normally ship with Perl itself.  For folks who actually write Perl
regularly--such as myself--being able to know and control exactly which
modules (at which version) are installed is very important, just like
with any other library.

We package C libraries separately, perhaps we should consider packaging
Perl and Python and other libraries separately.  Sure it makes things a
little more complicated on the packaging side of things, but it also
gives folks the ability to remove a specific library without having to
worry about removing others along with it.