Accepted: sugar-read-activity 43-0ubuntu1 (source)

Jani Monoses jani at ubuntu.com
Tue Feb 19 18:43:14 GMT 2008

Stefan Potyra wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Am Dienstag, 19. Februar 2008 18:44 schrieb Jani Monoses:
>> Thanks for the reminder Stefan. Can Feature Freeze exceptions be granted
>> to a set of packages? Sugar is not a feature of any of the desktop CDs,
>> it is only in Universe. Since it is not in Debian or previous Ubuntu
>> versions either it Cannot Hurt Much (TM).
>
> Generally speaking with my motu-release hat on: Everyone should be in
> bugfixing mode now, not in adding features mode ;).

I am fixing bugs in sugar packages ;) Other than that I have not been an
active MOTU for a long time :(

> Others than that, the sugar-* packages have been accepted already? If so, I
> don't see a real need to file exceptions for these now, as I guess this would
> be counterproductive. Let's just assume you have misconfigured your system
> date for entire two days :).

Well sugar is about 30 packages including its various dependencies, some
which may be ready (upstream) by release some not. Of these about 20
have been accepted so far. It is a reasonably working subset but if more
coverage can be achieved to closely match what a XO laptop runs I'd like
to add a few more packages.

Thanks both for the replies, as Scott suggested I'll probably file one
bug for a bunch of packages.

Jani