Accepted: apt 0.7.9ubuntu5 (source)

Michael Vogt mvo at ubuntu.com
Mon Feb 4 10:34:00 GMT 2008

On Tue, Jan 29, 2008 at 03:14:13PM +0000, Colin Watson wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 16, 2008 at 09:45:17AM -0000, Michael Vogt wrote:
> >  apt (0.7.9ubuntu5) hardy; urgency=low
> >  .
> >    * Merged apt-authentication-reliabilty branch. This means
> >      that apt will refuse to update and use the old lists if
> >      the authentication of a repository that used to be
> >      authenticated fails. See
> >      https://wiki.ubuntu.com/AptAuthenticationReliability
> >      for more details.
>
> This looks like good work on the most important part of this spec;
> thanks! I'd like to make the proposed apt-setup changes, but it looks
> like the request for a command-line option to expose the correct
> filenames is still outstanding. Is that still on your list?

Thanks for the review. Is the current "apt-get update --print-uris"
sufficient? It displays both URL and path. There is currently a bug
in the output and it does not display the "Release" file when run with
--print-utis. This is fixed in my bzr tree and will be part of the
next upload.

> (Looking through the rest of the parts of that spec that are for 8.04,
> it looks like the remaining parts are use of pipelined HTTP and an
> update-notifier message if the daily cron job fails. Also, Kees, did you
> ever get round to investigating the test case you had where network
> problems weren't believed to be at fault?)

I'm working on the remaining bits now and it should be finished
soon.

Cheers,
 Michael