Selective backport support - was Re: #1 Complaint about Ubuntu: Updates break things

Michael Casadevall sonicmctails at gmail.com
Mon Dec 29 17:53:26 GMT 2008

During UDS, I had a fairly good conversation on Michael Vogt on
improving synaptic's APT pinning support, and the possibility of
setting the backport repos to NonAutomatic or something equivalent.
One thing that has crossed my mind about all this talk about updates
breaking things is maybe these users have backports enabled vs the
regular SRU only updates.
Michael