#1 Complaint about Ubuntu: Updates break things

Martin Pitt martin.pitt at ubuntu.com
Sun Dec 21 23:46:36 GMT 2008

Martin Pitt [2008-12-22  0:41 +0100]:
> So I do appreciate the general feeling that SRUs have to become
> stricter again, and we have to resist the urge of people wanting their
> latest bug fixes in.

... speaking of which, this hit -discuss just two hours after your
post:

  https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-devel-discuss/2008-December/006475.html

While the tone certainly leaves something to be desired, and I don't
agree to Thomas' attitude nor proposal, he is right in the sense that
some bugs *are* major regressions, and absolutely need to be fixed in
stable releases.

Martin