Bringing Wine into Main

Odysseus Flappington deriziotis at gmail.com
Tue Dec 16 13:09:15 GMT 2008

2008/12/15 Scott Ritchie <scott at open-vote.org>

> (``-_-´´) -- BUGabundo wrote:
> > Olá Scott e a todos.
> >
> > On Monday 15 December 2008 10:22:58 Scott Ritchie wrote:
> >> Most of Wine's dependencies are already in main, but on amd64 Wine still
> requires
> >> ia32-libs for about 15 packages that don't have separate lib32 versions.
> >
> > Thanks Scott for your HARD work with wine.
> > Do you have any idea when bug 298611 can be fixed?
> > Right now, on jaunty, wine (and all other apps depending on ia32) aint
> working (but the fix mention there does help).
> >
> > Thanks once again.
> >

> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ia32-libs/+bug/298611/+addcomment
> >

> I'm aware of it - all that's really needed is a few lines in ia32-libs
> followed by a rebuild of that, then a rebuild of Wine.  I've subscribed
> pitti because he normally does these things for me.
>
> Thanks,
> Scott Ritchie

Not sure if this is relevant to wine going into main, but I have to admit, I
find it very frustrating in Intrepid that whenever i stick in a cd with an
autorun or windows executable, it comes up with an autorun dialog which i
have to cancel and which i would never have used since im using crossover
linux or cedega anyway.

Alex