do you use evolution imap sync? please test a performance bugfix...

Justin Dugger jldugger at ubuntu.com
Sun Dec 14 05:59:07 GMT 2008

On Sat, Dec 13, 2008 at 11:32 PM, Robert Collins
<robert.collins at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> I found imap syncing almost impossible during UDS - turns out there was
> a regression from hardy (not that hardy was stellar :)). I've put a
> proposed fix in my ppa https://edge.launchpad.net/~lifeless/+archive,
> and would appreciate other folk giving it a spin - I don't want to
> advocate a fix that makes it slower for other folk, for instance :).
>
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/evolution-data-server/+bug/307824
>
> I'm running this myself and find it a massive improvement.
>
> Cheers,
> Rob

I don't use evolution or IMAP at home, but I've heard that there is
forthcoming work on evolution-mapi that may be excellent for work.
Exchange 2007 does not appear to work with Evolution and thus my
coworker keeps a windows VM around for that.  I'd love to know if
there's any blueprints on getting this into shape for jaunty.

Justin Dugger