From the list of changes not to make to a package from Debian ...
ubuntu at kitterman.com
Tue Dec 9 22:45:38 GMT 2008
transmission (1.40-2ubuntu1) jaunty; urgency=low
* Merge from debian unstable (LP: #305298), remaining changes:
- Don't just build-depend on libcurl-dev, which is
a virtual package.
- Added replaces & provides clutch (now included as part of
- Build-depends on quilt.
- Uncommented "include /usr/share/quilt/quilt.make".
- Added patch/unpatch targets for Quilt.
- Create a PO template during package build.
- debian/transmission-daemon.postinst: Corrected dpkg-statoverride call
- 20_add_X-Ubuntu-Gettext-Domain.diff: Add X-Ubuntu-Gettext-Domain
to .desktop file.
* Converted patch system from dpatch to quilt.
Converting from one patch system to another is the kind of thing that should
be avoided. We strive for a minimal difference from Debian.
I looked and didn't see this listed in Ubuntu Policy, but I guess it ought to
be (along with not changing build systems). I'd appreciate suggestions on
where in Ubuntu Policy this ought to go.
More information about the ubuntu-devel