libtool updates

Martin Pitt martin.pitt at ubuntu.com
Thu Dec 4 20:55:06 GMT 2008

Hello Alex,

Alexander Sack [2008-12-03 13:40 +0100]:
> So I guess cdbs should get a DEB_AUTO_UPDATE_AUTORECONF hint.

Purely coincidentally I encountered a packaging situation where this
was necessary just necessary (first time ever, since I usually try
hard to avoid it). But when building packages from upstream VCS, it's
the only sane thing to do. Since the existing cdbs class is so
crackful and didn't work for me, I just ended up writing a manual rule
in my debian/rules.

> Patch for discussion:
> +ifneq (, $(DEB_AUTO_UPDATE_AUTORECONF))
> +ifeq ($(DEB_AUTO_UPDATE_AUTORECONF), 2.13)
> +CDBS_BUILD_DEPENDS := $(CDBS_BUILD_DEPENDS), autoconf2.13
> +else
> +CDBS_BUILD_DEPENDS := $(CDBS_BUILD_DEPENDS), autoconf

I don't like hardcoding particular, and ancient autoconf versions
here. If you do, you probably also need *blows the dust off*
automake1.4 and all that?

I haven't actually tested the patch, but it looks great. I suggest to
send it to the Debian BTS. For toolchainish changes like this we
should really be in sync with Debian, otherwise really bad things will happen.

Thanks!

Martin.