Consolidating Debian information into one place.

Jorge O. Castro jorge at ubuntu.com
Thu Aug 7 21:22:34 BST 2008

After following this thread[1] on debian-devel it became clear that we
needed to consolidate our information about Debian and Ubuntu
relations into one section of the wiki.

I have copied some of the Debian-specific pages and put them in one
section: http://wiki.ubuntu.com/Debian

The goal here is to have one simple to remember URL for all
Debian-related information instead of the current situation, which is
a bunch of pages spread out around the wiki. This would be a "one stop
shop" for both DDs and new Ubuntu contributors that want to work
together, optimize workflows, etc. Please note that I have copied from
the existing pages, and barring any major objections I will forward
the existing pages to the ones under the Debian section. (We obviously
don't want to break existing URLs.)

There is some other pages around the wiki that I will add to this
section. As always, feel free to add any existing information (Some of
these pages could use a once over from those of you more experienced
in working with Debian). Also, feel free to add tips and techniques
that you find useful.

Thoughts?

[1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2008/07/msg00647.html

--