[RFC] Test drive: Ubuntu Documentation Search

Dustin Kirkland kirkland at canonical.com
Wed Apr 23 05:51:09 BST 2008

On Tue, Apr 22, 2008 at 5:27 PM, Jordan Mantha <mantha at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> Is this similar to http://search.ubuntuwire.com/ ?

On Tue, Apr 22, 2008 at 6:57 PM, Rafael Proença <cypherbios at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> The Uboontu Search engine can be found here: http://www.uboontu.com

Thanks to you both for your pointers.  I did not know about either of
these.  There are a few differences, though, that I should point out.

 1) The code for mine is entirely GPLv3 free and open and available in
Launchpad for collaboration and improvement.
 2) I plan to pay Google the required fee to remove the advertisements
and make this a completely ad-free, non-commercial search engine.

Beyond that, I support more refinements than ubuntuwire.com, and
organize them a bit differently than uboontu.com.

Thanks,
:-Dustin