gnome mixer applet and suspend/resume.

Nick Barcet nick.barcet at canonical.com
Sun Sep 30 12:46:57 BST 2007

Tim Gardner wrote:
> mdz has suggested that I distribute this to a wider audience.
>
> On Wed, Sep 26, 2007 at 01:30:15PM -0600, Tim Gardner wrote:
>> On platforms where the sound module must be removed prior to suspend or
>> hibernate, is there an elegant way to stop the Gnome mixer applet? If
>> you killall prior to suspending, upon resume Gnome pops up an annoying
>> dialog and asks if you want to restart the mixer applet. I would like to
>> be able to stash the state of the mixer applet, stop it,
>> suspend/hibernate, resume, and finally restart the mixer applet.
>>
>> Suggestions appreciated.

I do not know how to fix the mixer itself, but you might want to use
custom suspend/resume script as the acpi architecture allows for.

In /etc/acpi/suspend.d add an executable script that stops the mixer
(killall mixer_applet2 should do the trick), and add a pending script in
/etc/acpi/resume.d to restart it.

Hope this helps,
Nick