3 or 4 options for Desktop-Effects capplet?

Mirco Müller mirco.mueller at ubuntu.com
Mon Sep 24 22:24:28 BST 2007

Am Dienstag, den 25.09.2007, 05:06 +0800 schrieb Joel Bryan Juliano:

> Nice work! I vote for screenshot 5 and 6.2, I think the 5.2 is also
> nice, but it needs a better icon representation, since the desktop
> icon can also represents the user's desktop folder or the "show
> desktop" applet which makes it redundant.

	Screenshot 5 is nice for its colors and ability work on dark and bright
backgrounds alike. The 6.2 one is nice regarding the idea with the
wrench and different layout of stars to convey the different effects
levels. A mix of both approaches would be best.

> Also, the ccsm needs more focus, since currently it's really too
> "technical", I mean there's a category for "general", "desktop",
> "extras", "window management", and more and so, that I think can be
> consolidated into a more unified and easy to understand way. For ccsm,
> HIG is a must.

	HIG-wise ccsm is a mess, no doubt there. But currently the best we
have. But right now I'm more in serious bug-hunting mode, than doing a
HIG-compliant ccsm replacement from scratch (design-wise).

Best regards...

Mirco