Beta ISO testing: Updated test cases and reporting

Stéphane Graber stgraber at ubuntu.com
Thu Sep 20 13:54:32 BST 2007

On Thu, 2007-09-20 at 14:38 +0200, Henrik Nilsen Omma wrote:
> Hi,
Hi,

> In preparation for gutsy beta images the test cases have been updated
> and restructured. The tests are now grouped by a generic category, such
> as Live CD session, Live install and Server install.
>
> The wiki page for each procedure is short, but in turn links to
> distro-flavour-specific modules. This should result in a cleaner test
> structure that will be easier to keep up-to-date in the future.
>
> Test cases: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Testing/Cases
>
> Please correct any errors you find and help extend the tests in the
> 'Extended post-install testing' sections and on
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Testing/Cases/RandomDesktop
>
> Test results should be reported at https://iso.qa.stgraber.org . Please
> register at the QA site and subscribe to the tests you are interested
> in. Email notification is being deployed this week, so testers should
> receive notifications of subscriptions and updated builds.

I would just like to add that you need to manually enable the e-mail
notification in the new "My profile" page we created (you can also
specify what archs you have, your preferred flavour and your LP
account).

If you are interested in Beta testing Ubuntu I would also suggest that
you join the #ubuntu-testing channel on freenode so we can easily
coordinate testing.
> Happy beta testing!
>
> Henrik
Stéphane