snort-inline on Ubuntu Server

Soren Hansen soren at ubuntu.com
Thu Sep 20 13:01:07 BST 2007

On Sun, Sep 16, 2007 at 04:06:34PM +1000, Ian Latter wrote:
>   I've been back through the ubuntu-devel archives
> up to January 2007, and can't see any discussion on
> snort (as a subject reference) at all.  Could the
> default snort package be updated to include
> snort-inline?  Was there a reason why it wasn't
> compiled that way for today's version of this package?

It seems to have been purposely left out due to snort-inline's
incompatibility with libnet1. You can see the changelog entry for
version 2.7.0-1 at [1].  Still, feel free to file a bug report about, so
that we can track it.

[1]:
http://changelogs.ubuntu.com/changelogs/pool/universe/s/snort/snort_2.7.0-2ubuntu1/changelog

--