No subject

Tue Sep 11 20:38:18 BST 2007

given that documentation is currently covered by string freeze, and
yet it is potentially affected by artwork and strings changing in
programs (such as menus or ui buttons).

For these sorts of cases it strikes me that actually the freeze system
is a bit inflexible, and what we really want is a period of time
during when UI string changes are possible, but where they are
relevant to documentation, get notified to the docteam and can be
quickly fixed before it becomes impossible to change any strings in
documentation. I believe Gnome has a notification period like this,
and it seems to work.

--
Matthew East
http://www.mdke.org