RFC: revuput of ubuntu-dev-tools package

Daniel Holbach daniel.holbach at ubuntu.com
Thu Sep 13 14:54:27 BST 2007

Hello everybody,

Am Freitag, den 07.09.2007, 17:23 +0200 schrieb Daniel Holbach:
> revuput is designed to be a tool to upload packages to PPA, file
> sponsoring bugs (if told to) and follow up on bugs in (LP: #...) headers
> else. It will also set the right status of the bug and subscribe the
> right people.

I just wanted to let you know that with version 0.8 of ubuntu-dev-tools,
it was renamed to ppaput to avoid confusion. Please try it out, let me
know what you think, file bug reports.

Example usage:

ppaput -n my-ppa -sa

will
      * file a new bug about the package (-n), add a (LP: #<newbug>) to
        the changelog
      * build a source package with 'debuild -S -sa'
      * upload to 'my-ppa'
      * subscribe the right people to the bug, let them know about the
        location of the .dsc file to run a quick dget -x on it

ppaput my-ppa -v0.5ubuntu3

will
      * build a source package with 'debuild -S -v0.5ubuntu3'
      * upload to my-ppa
      * check if there's a Launchpad-Bugs-Fixed line in the changes file
        and if so ...
      * follow up on the bug report
      * subscribe the right people to it
      * tag it 'needs-packaging' if it's a completely new package

It should adhere to http://wiki.ubuntu.com/SponsorshipProcess and all
bugs turn up on http://daniel.holba.ch/bugs once they are processed.

Be sure to follow all the steps on
http://help.launchpad.net/PPAQuickStart beforehand.

We need testers to iron out the most important bugs. I hope this will
prove useful to you.

Have a nice day,
 Daniel