Disk full testing

Ian Jackson iwj at ubuntu.com
Wed Oct 24 16:38:28 BST 2007

One of the things I did in gutsy that will now have to be taken over
by someone else is my disk full testing.

The glibc patch I developed can be used to test the response of the
whole system, or parts of it, to lack of disk space.

The documentation and the patch itself can be found in
 https://wiki.ubuntu.com/FullFilesystemSanityGutsy
which is linked from the corresponding Launchpad specification
 https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/full-filesystem-sanity-gutsy

In particular, the page contains detailed instructions which can be
used, when combined with the patch, to apply the changes to a current
glibc and carry out tests on an actual system.  See the section
`Setup instructions',
 https://wiki.ubuntu.com/FullFilesystemSanityGutsy#head-052bbf127a2f15e69d2fc10932141caab85f2fd0

Results from my testing of gutsy (done a little while after feature
freeze), and the followup actions I took, are also on that wiki page.

Ian.