Launchpad bug statuses

Matthew Paul Thomas mpt at canonical.com
Thu Oct 4 10:31:24 BST 2007

On Oct 3, 2007, at 10:07 AM, Forest Bond wrote:
> Launchpad sure does give you enough rope to ... choose an alternative
> workflow. Is there nothing that can be done to make the correct
> workflow more obvious?

One way would be to explain the statuses more inside Launchpad itself.
For example, Kit Blake's idea of giving each status a tooltip in the
menu.

Another way would be to simplify the statuses. For example, we could
merge Confirmed and Triaged, if there is no useful distinction between
them. We could merge Won't Fix and Invalid, if there is no useful
distinction between them. We could merge Fix Committed and Fix
Released, if there is no useful distinction between them.

(By "useful distinction" I don't mean "status X means this, and status
Y means that". I mean a solid reason that people would often want a
search to include bugs in status X but not bugs in status Y, or vice
versa.)

These approaches are not mutually exclusive. :-)

Cheers
--
Matthew Paul Thomas
http://mpt.net.nz/